Sardinia car hire
With little public transport on the island, hiring a car is the best way to get out and about, giving you the freedom to explore the island at your leisure. Also, most of our self-catering properties are situated in the countryside, away from beaches and main towns, making it essential to have a car on holiday.
Taxis can be very expensive and taxi drivers generally don’t speak English. The majority of our package holidays include car hire and we have assigned different car grades and numbers of vehicles to accommodate all guests and their luggage. If your package holiday includes airport transfers, or if you have booked accommodation-only and you wish to hire a car, prices are shown in the table below.
Please ensure that your choice of car will be sufficient in size to accommodate all of your luggage. It's also important to bear in mind that there are a limited number of vehicles in Sardinia, and car hire is in great demand in July and August particularly, so we suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
Drivers must be at least 21 years old and have held a full licence for at least 1 year. They will also need a valid credit card for security on collection of the car.
|Grades ||Model or similar ||No. of people/luggage ||Low |
|A ||Fiat 500 Lounge || x2 x1 x1 || £226 || £263 |
|B ||Lancia Ypsilon || x3 x2 x1 || £242 || £273 |
|C ||Renault Clio || x4 x2 x1 || £280 || £285 |
|D ||Nissan Juke || x5 x2 x2 || £306 || £371 |
|E ||Fiat Tipo || x5 x2 x3 || £345 || £438 |
|F ||Volvo V40 || x5 x2 x2 || £394 || £470 |
|G ||Nissan Qashqai || x5 x2 x2 || £400 || £519 |
|H ||Alfa Romeo Giulia || x5 x2 x2 || £543 || £735 |
|I ||Volvo V40 D2 || x5 x2 x2 || £456 || £592 |
|K ||Citroen Grand C4 || x7 x3 x2 || £707 || £784 |
|L ||Alfa Romeo Stelvio || x5 x3 x2 || £649 || £1051 |
|M ||Renault Trafic || x9 x4 x2 || £707 || £784 |
* Car models within a grade are shown as an indication and particular makes and models cannot be guaranteed. Low season: 01 Apr - 14 June; 1 Sept - 31 Oct. High season: 15 June - 31 Aug.
Our Sardinia car hire prices include:
- Unlimited mileage
- Two named drivers per car
- AVIS Collision Damage Waiver (excess applies)
- AVIS Theft Protection (excess applies)
- Local taxes
- Car Hire Excess Insurance with T&G
Our car hire prices do not include:
- Child seat approximately €85 per rental, payable locally
- Booster seat approximately €35 per rental, payable locally
- Young driver surcharge (21-25): €22 per day plus tax, payable locally
- Hotel drop off and pick up
- One way rentals
- AVIS Super Cover including Collision Damage Waiver and Super Theft Protection from €25 per day. Not essential due to Excess Insurance being provided with T&G.
- Car Hire Excess has a maximum age limit of 75. 76+ will not be automatically covered by Car Hire Excess Insurance but can be for a small extra charge (subject to declaration of any motoring claims or convictions in the last 3 years).
Car hire excess insurance
For all holiday packages that include car hire, we now provide Car Hire Excess Insurance as standard. This added protection enables you to claim back the cost of any excess charges that may be imposed should your hire car become damaged or stolen. This means that it is not essential to pay for Super CDW locally, saving at least €25 per day or €175 per week. This insurance policy is provided by T&G in partnership with Antares. Click here for Terms and Conditions.
Transfers from the airport to hotels or self-catering properties can be arranged on request - please call us for more details.