Frequently Asked Questions

We've put together an A-Z guide of useful information which will help answer common questions often asked by our customers before travelling to Sardinia.

If you have any other questions that are not covered in this section, please do not hesitate to contact our reservations team on 01489 866978 or email your question to us »

Since Britain left the European Union in 2021, things are now a little different when travelling on holiday to Europe. 

For your holiday to the EU, you will now need to check the four steps below:


1. Check to see if your passport will still be valid?

If you have a British passport and are planning to travel to an EU country (except Ireland), or Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino or Vatican City, you must meet the Schengen area rules

Your passport must meet two requirements. It must be:

  • less than 10 years old on the day you enter (check the 'date of issue')
  • valid for at least three months after the day you plan to leave (check the 'expiry date')

You can use the Government’s passport checker to see if you need to renew your passport.

2. Ensure you have travel insurance with adequate healthcare cover

We always advise travellers to take out comprehensive travel insurance with sufficient healthcare cover for your individual requirements.   

If you have a European Health Insurance Card it will be valid up to its expiry date. If you apply for a card now, you'll get a new UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) instead of an EHIC. More details here.

3. Make sure you have all the correct documents you need to drive in Europe

A UK driving licence will be valid in the EU and you will not need to obtain an International Driving Permit, except in some instances where you are only in possession of a paper licence or your driving licence was issued in Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man. For more information, visit

4. Check your mobile phone company's policy on data roaming?

Rules around mobile data roaming are changing meaning you may face charges when using your phone abroad, including for making calls, sending messages or using the internet. Check with your mobile phone provider about their data roaming policy. 


Other things to be aware of when travelling to Europe

  • If you are going on holiday you won't need a visa for short trips to Europe.
  • At border control you may need to show a return ticket and that you have enough money for your stay.
  • When going through passport control you may not be able to use the EU or EEA lanes.
  • You won't be able to take any meat, milk or products containing these items into the EU. There are exceptions for powdered baby milk or baby food required for medical reasons.